Wednesday 25 March 2015

Evaluation - Question 7

Looking back on your preliminary task what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?
 
Looking back on the preliminary task, it becomes evident that I have learnt a tremendous amount more about how to create a film opening than I did at the beginning of the year. Now I understand the different stages of creating a film products.
The preliminary task involved filming and editing someone walking across a room, walking up stairs, opening a door and sitting opposite someone else for a short conversation. The task included different angled shots including shot reverse shot, 180 degree angle and match on action. The only sounds used where diegetic sounds and the camera wasn't always steady as it was handheld. Also, there was no special effects included into this clip.
On the other hand, when it came to creating the thriller opening sequence there was a lot more to be done. Titles, music/audio, lighting, props, costumes, actors, location, editing and effects all needed to be added to create an effective thriller, most of which were new to me as I had not used them in my preliminary task or anywhere else previously.
Most of the shots in my preliminary task were either long shots or medium shots, while my thriller consisted the majority of the time by close and extreme close ups, followed by middle shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment