Tuesday 25 November 2014

Obsession Opening Sequence - Rough Cut - Evaluation



After having posted this video on youtube and sharing it on my Facebook, I asked people to watch it and comment their likes and dislikes. Not all of the comments proved to be helpful as it wasn't clear that there intentionally was no audio, apart from three small scenes. Therefore many people kept saying comments similar to: "Maybe you could add some creepy music in the background to build tension" or "Same on the creepy music, but definitely keep in the loud and sudden sounds (like the straw being cut and stuff)". As I still had not added the audio, theses were not the comments I was hoping for although, they did not go to waste as they would help me with my next updated video. Therefore I was more prepared with the type of music people were expecting.

Some of the comments of the footage was reassuring and helped me decide how much of it to use. For example: "The candles and the burning paper thing was amazing"and "Ooooh creepy! Especially loved the candles being lit at the beginning and going out at the end!". From these comments I have decided that the candle scenes will be the main feature in the opening sequence. Due to the candle scenes signifying the present and the other scenes in the park signifying memories and the past, the present scenes have to be clearer and more focused than the others. However, they need to still represent the person's unsteadiness, so there will be the occasional flash or distortion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment